🔕 🔔

Just made black bean tapenade, how long will it keep in the fridge, and can it be frozen?

asked by waterbabyandrea over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I suspect it would keep a week or so in the fridge. I'd be concerned the texture would suffer if you froze it. You may want to freeze a small portion, then thaw it out and see if it is okay.

I have absolutely no idea what black bean tapenade is. A real tapenade from the south of France involves olives, anchovies and most importantly capers (the name itself comes from the Provencal word for capers). Black beans are not a typical part of the diet there. I don't mean to offend but I have issues with fake foods like vegetarian "meatloaf".