🔕 🔔

While making caramel do I need candy thermometer?

I want to make caramel squares at home, but I don't have thermometer to take the actual temperature. Can I really make caramel perfectly without candy thermometer. Or shud I invest one?
Pretty please pickle pals!

asked by PistachioDoughnut over 5 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Like Amanda said its not a bad idea to own a candy/fry thermometer. But by no means is it completely necessary. What do you think the French masters were using in the beginning? A thermometer will help you, it will make your like easier, but it is possible to make caramel using only your sight and smell. Do yourself a favor and invest in one.

Its just a matter of knowing the different stages and what to look for in them...

7c4e3778 a9ef 4b22 a4b5 bb759212c530  dsc 6356

Thanks! I bought a candy thermometer.. Yay!