A question about a recipe: Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup

0f5637a0 81ae 47d0 ab3f 77a99d10d835  2016 1103 almond cake with orange flower water syrup james ransom 272

I have a question about the ingredient "almond meal" on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche.

What can I use to susbtitute almond meal. I can`t seem to find any in Guadalajara, Mexico.

asked by danygm almost 7 years ago

Panfusine

you could make your own, I remember Merrill had a video about making it on this site, its basically almonds in the food processor until you get the required consistency

I make my own all the time. First soak the almonds in water for a couple of hours so you can slip the skin off easily. Then let the almonds dry and into the food processor.

A good (and inexpensive) online source for almond meal - they call it 'almond flour,' but it's the same, just a slightly fine grind: http://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm/bulk-nuts-seeds/almonds/ground-flour

Here is the link to the Amanda and Merrill's video that Panfusine referred to.
http://www.food52.com/blog...