🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup

0f5637a0 81ae 47d0 ab3f 77a99d10d835  2016 1103 almond cake with orange flower water syrup james ransom 272

I have a question about the ingredient "almond meal" on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche.

What can I use to susbtitute almond meal. I can`t seem to find any in Guadalajara, Mexico.

asked by danygm almost 6 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

you could make your own, I remember Merrill had a video about making it on this site, its basically almonds in the food processor until you get the required consistency

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I make my own all the time. First soak the almonds in water for a couple of hours so you can slip the skin off easily. Then let the almonds dry and into the food processor.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

A good (and inexpensive) online source for almond meal - they call it 'almond flour,' but it's the same, just a slightly fine grind: http://www.ohnuts.com/buy...

Here is the link to the Amanda and Merrill's video that Panfusine referred to.
http://www.food52.com/blog...