🔕 🔔

My village is currently out of yogurt, would sour cream be a decent replacement for that? Also to make almond meal just grind some up coarse

0f5637a0 81ae 47d0 ab3f 77a99d10d835  2016 1103 almond cake with orange flower water syrup james ransom 272

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Combine eggs, yogurt, 1 cup sugar, oil, and vanilla."

asked by Saqurtuliq over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I think sour cream would make a good substitute for the yogurt, and don't think it will adversely impact the texture or flavor of the cake. You can make your own almond flour or meal by using your food processor to grind blanched almonds. Just pulse them until they are coarsely broken, then process until they are flour-like. If you process them too long they will become almond butter.

A20471f5 5e2b 48ae b006 935f02b23797  headshot

Thank you =], and I apologize for the multiple posts.... Not the best internet and I am used to tagging posts by hitting enter on Tumblr rather than the spaces, haha