My village is currently out of yogurt, would sour cream be a decent replacement for that? Also to make almond meal just grind some up coarse

0f5637a0 81ae 47d0 ab3f 77a99d10d835  2016 1103 almond cake with orange flower water syrup james ransom 272

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Combine eggs, yogurt, 1 cup sugar, oil, and vanilla."

asked by Saqurtuliq over 6 years ago

Yes you can make almond meal by grind up almonds in your food processor. Make sure they are raw, not roasted or salted. I also prefer to slip the skins off first by soaking them in water an hour or two. Don't like the bitterness of the skins. My opinion is the sour cream should work.

Saqurtuliq

Thank you SKK! Sorry about the double posts....

flourish food

yes! sour cream will work fine- the cake will just be a bit richer.