🔕 🔔

My village is currently out of yogurt, would sour cream be a decent replacement for that? Also to make almond meal just grind some up coarse

0f5637a0 81ae 47d0 ab3f 77a99d10d835  2016 1103 almond cake with orange flower water syrup james ransom 272

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Almond Cake with Orange-Flower Water Syrup" from amusebouche. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Combine eggs, yogurt, 1 cup sugar, oil, and vanilla."

asked by Saqurtuliq over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Yes you can make almond meal by grind up almonds in your food processor. Make sure they are raw, not roasted or salted. I also prefer to slip the skins off first by soaking them in water an hour or two. Don't like the bitterness of the skins. My opinion is the sour cream should work.

A20471f5 5e2b 48ae b006 935f02b23797  headshot

Thank you SKK! Sorry about the double posts....

4e7db143 6333 4d3f a5ac 5dafccfd357f  img 1815

yes! sour cream will work fine- the cake will just be a bit richer.