A question about a recipe: Citrus Pulled Pork Tacos

394ad0c1 8720 4971 a690 7876ea26a07c  food52 01 24 12 0634

Wondering how you'd use leftovers from this pork roast . . the spices are universal enough that it seems you could use it with thirshfeld's Shredded Pork and Chinese Celery Lo Mein, so I'll probably freeze some, not shredded yet, for that. Do you think it would work well in pho? (I'd use WinnieAb's excellent recipe, which includes kale and is a family favorite here.) What about pad thai? (I really like mtlabor's recipe for shrimp pad thai, so I'd probably adapt that.) I'll likely make Mr. T a Cuban sandwich tomorrow with some of the leftovers. Any other ideas? I have a 3-pound roast in the crock pot now, with only two of us here.

asked almost 7 years ago

Mr_Vittles

Your thoughts sounds excellent already. I think anything that has similar flavors would taste great. I think it would be superb in a Banh Mi.

Maybe a hash, with cubed sweet potatoes (or butternut squash) - good with citrus flavors - and some onions. Could be all crispy and caramel-y and delicious with a fried egg on top.

babytiger

I was thinking hash as well. I can see it in an omelet, in a handpie, enchilada/Mexican lasagna filling, stuffed in wonton wrappers and pan fried/deep fried, maybe even in a chili verde.

vvvanessa

To use up leftover pork, I often make a Vietnamese noodle salad (thin rice or mung bean noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, cilantro, scallion, lime juice, shredded carrot, shredded napa cabbage, pork) and use rice paper or lettuce to make wraps.

These are all such great answers. I really like this cooking method for pulled pork, so I plan to use it again -- many times, no doubt. Thanks very much, everyone. ;o)

I love putting pulled pork into manapua buns, then freezing them for a quick lunch. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Erin Powell

I like to make (and freeze) taquitos. The other day I used some of the left overs with polenta and the slaw for some crunch and it was delicious.