I'm looking for an Indian spice-influenced sauce/dish (not Saag) for some fried cubes of paneer, left from making Merrill's Saag Paneer. ;o)

And, although this may be viewed as an unreasonable restriction given the question, I must request that no chilis, cayenne or any of their capsicum relatives be included due to an allergy to them. Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 7 years ago

How about tikka masala, with the capsicum omitted: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Oh, how funny! Did you notice any of the comments to that recipe? I've made that so many times, with so many variations. So I have to agree that this suggestion is simply brilliant! Thank you so much. ;o)

funny! I didn't even look at the comments - just another case of great minds :-)

AJ, I just looked at the recipe and read your comments - which are all valuable. I too will be making this now.

Panfusine

http://www.tarladalal.com/Paneer-Kalimirch-4764r This would be a great recipe for the gravy, just 4 ingredients & NO Capsaicin related element what soever!

Panfusine

4 ingredients refers to the paste.. Sorry, shd have clarified..

panfusine, I made this tonight, ironically with saag on the side. Utterly delicious! I could easily see using the sauce as a base for veggies, especially cauliflower. Absolutely love it. And so easy!! Thank you so much for suggesting it. ;o) P.S. What I really love about it - well, one of many things I love about it -- is that you can actually taste the garam masala. I have a jar of Punjabi GM from Penzeys that someone gave me. So often GM gets lost among the other flavors in a dish but not so here. It turned out to be quite nice, indeed. ;o)

Panfusine

So glad you liked it AJ. :-)