A question about a recipe: Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze

Bc737f4b 3da7 44cf 8aa2 9890e4808afe  122010f 1001

I have a question about the recipe "Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze" from Faye - I want to make this cake using my homemade applesauce which is sweeteed - since you have specified unsweetened applesauce - should I cut down on the sugar or is this going to make the cake too sweet? Thanks..

asked by LelaFaye over 6 years ago

Yes, great call -- you should probably cut back on the sugar. (Depending on how sweet the applesauce is) I'd say cut back to a 1/2 cup white sugar and leave the brown sugar as is. Enjoy that cake -- we love it!

Yes, I'd recommend cutting out however much sugar you'd use in 1 1/2 cups of your own homemade applesauce -- and definitely cut the white sugar, not the brown, as Kristen says!