🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Asparagus with Crispy Prosciutto and Tarragon Aioli

E8c9f404 5224 4cb6 8d8a 5810f407c719  asparagus prosciutto

I don't have a food processor, can I just use a mixer?

asked by jlm086 over 5 years ago

B5d4c31e d9a4 4f0e ae4e ecaa0cf95de6  dsc 0253 2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

Not to make the aioli, but you can use a whisk and a good amount of elbow grease! You have to create an emulsion and a mixer won't work for that. Here's a great video from our site about making aioli! it should help a lot : http://www.food52.com/blog...

Would a mixer not work if she has the whisk attachment for it? I would imagine the egg yolks and garlic would need to be minced or processed (in some way) first.

I think a blender would work too.

Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

A blender maybe, but I really wouldn't mess around with the mixer - i just doubt it would work and you'll be left with a broken emulsion. I'd say just go for the whisk, bowl and elbow grease. More control, and super satisfying too!

8c9db971 a7fe 4380 a7e1 415e74cb3d1d  green apple card

Yes, I second the whisk and some good old fashioned elbow grease.