Your favorite cole slaw dressing?

Someone just gave me her weekly organic produce box and I've decided to make slaw with the cabbage, parsnips, carrot and apple in the box. What's your favorite cole slaw dressing? I'd like something that's not too sweet. Thanks!

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Queen Mab

1/2 C. mayo, 2 Tbsp. mustard (I like the good old yellow stuff), 1 Tbsp. honey (optional), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper. This is really good on ham and swiss sandwiches.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thank you!

That sounds like an awesome slaw. I prefer vinegar a based dressing but Queen's looks tasty. If you love it post the recipe here. Good luck!

Cristina Sciarra

Perhaps I'm a tad biased, but this recipe utilizes everything you've got. (And I think it's pretty tasty!) http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Anything with bacon appeals to me, so thank you, Cristina! Is that 1/4 cup of lemon juice in the recipe (the unit of measure seems to be missing)? I assume so, but just want to be sure.

Cristina Sciarra

No problem! I use about 1/4 of a medium lemon, so I guess about 2 tablespoons? Really, you can add a tablespoon more or less, depending on your acidity preferences.

PattiinMS

1/3 c. rice wine vinegar, 1/2 c. sugar or splenda, 1/2 c. oil, mixed with angel hair coleslaw, chopped green onions and toasted ramen noodles, toasted sliced almonds and toasted sunflower kernals. Add the beef Ramen flavoring to the salad too.