A question about a recipe: Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream (vegan). Can I buy coconutcream instead of full fat coconutmilk

227ad1ed 59e1 4e1a 9047 02743037eb00  mexicanhotchocolate

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream (vegan)" from ChefShanaRachel. It says:

"Spoon the solid coconut cream into a bowl. Reserve milk for another use or toss"

asked by Saqurtuliq over 6 years ago

ChefOno

Not if you're referring to Coco López or a similar product.

If you're getting coconut cream - which is essentially the part of the coconut milk used in the recipe - then yes. Just make sure it's labeled as coconut cream (which I typically see in Asian markets) and not cream of coconut.

Saqurtuliq

Thank you both! I figured it was the same thing but wanted to double check with those more experienced than I.

Would I also need to chill prior to use, or is that just to extract the cream?

I've not tried whipping it, but would assume it will whip better if chilled like regular cream does.

Saqurtuliq

Thank you again hardlikearmour =]