🔕 🔔

Can I make basil pesto and freeze it? Has anyone tried oregano or thyme pesto---or is it too cumbersome and strong?

09d98a46 7f47 445b 8cb3 11a06ddafbfc  eat

what is the least amount of time that this step can be done? is over night mandatory? if so why? thanks!

asked by LobsterBrieAvocadoBreath almost 6 years ago

I make & freeze pesto all the time. Put in ice cube trays, when frozen, store in freezer bag. I throw a "cube" or 2 in homemade soups (especially chicken) and stews. Yum!

C2d97ab1 c2d2 4bd9 9295 fd6fc285dc98  sg headshot oct 2007

Thanks Mrathmel...I am not sure what happened here! I was looking for an answer to one of the recipes I am testing about pancake batter! I too do exactly the same as you with pesto in the freezer! :)