🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Matilda, Maple & Garlic Pork Shoulder with Crispy Skin

Fe90c577 7cad 4f1c a969 36cc49970907  food52 04 03 12 2525

I have a question about the ingredient "bone-in, skin on pork shoulder" on the recipe "Matilda, Maple & Garlic Pork Shoulder with Crispy Skin" from ENunn.

My butcher only had bone skin but skin OFF pork shoulder. Could someone please advise how I may need to adjust any cooking method and time with the skin off pork shoulder? Thanks!

asked by Brenzo over 5 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Here's a previous post that may help: http://www.food52.com/hotline...

Thanks sexyLAMBCHOPx!

I made this with a 4 lb no-bone, no-skin pork shoulder and it was still super delicious. This leads me to believe that the bone and the skin are a bonus, but not required.

19f2e275 c635 488f 8322 530158a23e00  food52

I would call the bone and the skin a BIG bonus. for some reason, meat just doesn't have as good of a flavor or moisture content when cooked without the bone and skin.

that being said, I have no doubt this recipe will taste good without them. But I personally will not make it until I find a good Bone-in Skin-on Pork shoulder. I'm stubborn like that :) And I AM definitely waiting to make this recipe. Looks great.