🔕 🔔

Raw butternut squash salad? Was intrigued, but wary, of Mark Bittman's recipe in the NYT for raw butternut squash salad -- has anyone tried it? Thanks!

asked by allie over 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

cheese1127 has a recipe for a raw butternut squash salad, that i think sounds better than the Bittman one. (i'm not a huge raisin fan, so i'm definitely biased.) i say go for it! http://www.food52.com/recipes...

77eb3840 ec81 4fb7 ae54 e15ab107230c  liz photo av

I haven't tried the recipe, but raw butternut squash is good! If you're going to be eating it raw, a small, fresh butternut is the way to go. The bigger or older ones are more woody.

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

I love Bittman, but I'm cooking my squash. Roasted, in a pie, soup...too many good things to do to eat it raw.