🔕 🔔

Do I need to refrigerate fruit (pineapple) infused tequila while it is infusing? I haven't. Is it still ok?

Pineapple, brown sugar, tequila, & vanilla bean

asked by Lacey Hawkins over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Should be fine. The high proof of the tequila will inhibit spoilage.

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

I think so too. We use fresh fruits like ume plum, rhubarb, kumquats and natsu mikan--citrus, blueberries in shotchu which has an alcohol level of 35%. We never refrigerate. Keeps about a year but did find plum wine in a shed for 10 years--boy was that mellow!
Tequilla has an alcohol content of 40% or above so should be fine.