Pot too small for braised short ribs?

I'm making Dan's braised short ribs but I need to make about 7 lbs and I only have one Dutch oven. Will that be too small? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!!

asked by missb503 about 6 years ago

ChefOno

Large roasting pan and a roll of aluminum foil

chef of the future 2000

Depends how big your Dutch oven is...an oval or round 7 q. Size should be fine

Benny

If you have good sized pot with a lid, Another option would be to a very low simmer on the stove top. If you don't have a lid, you can make one with parchment paper. Here is a link with directions. Please note that, although these directions are meant for lining the bottom of a cake pan, the same tool can be used for a braising lid. We did this plenty of times during Culinary School.

http://www.thekitchn.com...

I often braise on the stove top if my oven is full.

ReneePussman

If you don't have a pot big enough, buy a deep disposable tin, put your stuff in, cover with plastic wrap follow by a layer of aluminum foil. That should work out fine.

missb503

Thank you all! It ended up that the pot was indeed too small but making the ribs was easier than I thought so I made half in the Dutch oven and half in the slow cooker. Yum!!!