🔕 🔔

Tough Short Rib after rookie mistakes. Help me salvage dinner!?

Used this lovely sounding recipe a couple nights ago. Followed it to a T except the short ribs came as one unbutchered hunk weighing a pounds worth of 3 ribs and I didn't realize I should have cut them apart. Braised for 3 hours at 275 and still rubbery and tough.
Dinner ended up being take out :/ I let the whole pot cool off and stuck it in the refrigerator. It's been 48 hours and I'm curious if I should braise a lil longer.
Have I overcooked em? Can I braise longer? Should I carve them into individual ribs before I do so?

asked by Sheetal over 1 year ago

This was the recipe from Food 52:
https://food52.com/recipes...

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Try taking the meat out of the bones (if not possible, leave it on) and braising it for another couple of hours half covered in liquid (broth or thin tomato sauce) at 200F. At bare minimum you will get a decent pasta sauce.

Thank you.