Tribute to Nora Ephron

I'd love to see a F52 'dinner & a movie' style post with Nora Ephron's classic Foodie scenes

asked by Panfusine over 6 years ago

We have some things in the works. Stay tuned.

JadeTree

I thought about this, too! I love her Piglet decision on this site ("how many fires? Where does one set them?"). It would be nice to have some Feed52 links we can follow - I'm hoping they'll ferret out some of the tributes around the web for us. There are a bunch of links to her articles at The New Yorker including a great one about developing her own cooking style I just re-read called Serial Monogamy. I know Amanda must have the hook-up there :)

I keep a copy of Heartburn on my cookbook shelves. And a Julie and Julia DVD. What a great wit and marvelous writer.

Nora Ephron on the wonder of life:
"I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance."

I was a fan of hers before Julie and Julia, but that cemented it. Imho one of the greats of my generation. So sad to lose her.

I too have a dvd of Julie and Julia. It's great for days when I feel "poorly." ;)

Panfusine

Just finished watching Julie & Julia...had to rush to the library & borrow it... R.I.P Nora.. & Thank you for the wonderful foodie memories.

davidpdx

Nora Ephron on aging: "It’s important to have that last meal today, tomorrow, soon, and not squander it on something like a tuna melt."