🔕 🔔

Alternative to fresh cannellini beans?

Hello, a recipe calls for Fresh cannellini beans but I can't find them. Can you please list nice alternatives? Thanks!

asked by nununo over 5 years ago

Dried cannellini beans. Rehydrate in seasoned water for an hour or until soft.

Canned cannellini, perfectly cooked already so no extra work involved and they taste just fine.

Hum... actually the recipe says "Fresh Cannellini beans in their pods" and then they're supposed to be baked in the oven for 45 min. Will dried cannellini beans still do? If so, great. Otherwise, which other fresh ingredient could I use instead? Thanks!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

How about edamame? You can buy them frozen, in the pod.

susan, I had never heard of edamame but from what I read and heard after you referred it, I'm buying it tomorrow to give it a try as an appetizer. Thanks.

In addition, shelled frozen edamame is excellent in soups too.