🔕 🔔

Do I need to take cut zucchini out of citric acid bath or can it stay in there for a couple hours?

I cut up a few zucchinis into matchsticks and dunked them in a bath of cold water and lemon juice to keep them from browning. I read somewhere online that one needs to remove the fruit or vegetable from the bath after 15 minutes, but in the past I've used this method with potatoes and didn't find the need to do this. Is there a reason why I need to take the zucchini out of the water sooner than after a couple hours? Will it become waterlogged?

asked by micheleinmaryland over 5 years ago