🔕 🔔

Can I substitute short grain brown rice for short grain white rice

I am making a stuffed zucchini recipe that calls for short grain white rice. I only have short grain brown rice. Can I substitute? And if so, how can I tweak the recipe? The recipe requires the zucchini to stew for 2-3 hours. And I need to start it now for it to be ready for company tonight!!

asked by Sweets almost 3 years ago

I can't imagine stewing zucchini for 2-3 hours. I also have never heard of stewing stuffed zucchini. It's usually roasted. If the rice is precooked, they are interchangeable. A link to the recipe would help us help you.

BurntCream

Brown rice generally just takes longer to cook than white, however 2-3 hours would be plenty!

Sweets

Update: I didn't end up making the recipe-too much of a time crunch. But the recipe I was considering was from Plenty More.

Glad things worked out. Leave it to Otto to have an out of the box recipe.