🔕 🔔

Recipe for vegan ravioli?

asked by alexia1996 about 4 years ago

Use any recipe for pasta and fill with veggie mix of your choice- viola. Mushroom duxelles is one option.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Here is a recipe for pasta dough without the egg. http://vegandad.blogspot... If you don't want to make the dough yourself you may want to look for wanton wrappers without egg. I would think you could fill them with whatever you desired. Some vegan fillings I have had besides the mentioned mushrooms with thyme or sage, sweet potato, sweet pea and spinach.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

I found this recipe for vegan dough:

2 cups flour
About 1 cups boiling water (see directions)
A pinch of salt
1 Tbsp oil

Mound the flour and slowly pour the boiling water in the center, mixing with a fork until it half of the flour has absorbed it. Now add the salt and oil and continue mixing, adding more water IF needed until the dough is velvety smooth. Let it stand while you make the filling.

then I'd say make a filling with sweet potatoes or butternut squash?! Yuuum.

I would use gyoza or wonton wrappers. They are often made without any eggs. Just read the ingredient list.

As for the filling, mashed butternut or kabocha with some herbs is really good as well as mushroom and tofu. Sauteed kale or spinach would work and be delicious too. These days I'm going back to cooking broccoli and cauliflower beyond done, until it just melts in your mouth. Mash this up and it makes a pretty tasty filling for any pasta. I think there's a recipe on this website for that, Roy Finamore's Broccoli Cooked Forever. It has anchovies, but you can leave that out and it will still taste really great.