🔕 🔔

Can I store an Apple Yeast Bread at room temperature?

I am going to make an apple ladder bread using a sweet dough, an apple filling with sliced apples, spices, sugar, and butter, and then a glaze with confectioner's sugar and orange juice. Can it be stored at room temperature? Or does it have refrigerated?

asked by katiebakes over 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

With butter, fruit and fruit juice involved, I wouldn't leave it out longer than overnight. Any more than that, and I'd refrigerate it.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

The apples have a lot of moisture, which would encourage mold growth. A day is comfortable for me, then refrigerate or freeze. You could leave some out to serve and store the rest chilled.