Apple cider caramel

I'm trying to reduce apple cider to make caramel for this cake: http://food52.com/recipes...

It's been going for at least 25 minutes and has reduced substantially. Still, it's totally liquid and hasn't become syrupy or caramel-like at all. Help!

asked by thebunalsorises about 5 years ago

Paxton Jones

Look on the net!

Dona

Are you making Smitten Kitchens recipe? Hang in there, it will be fine.

magpiebaker

It totally depends on how wide your pot is. After the first time when it took forever to reduce, I used a pot with a wider bottom and then it was fine. Your heat might not be at the same level as the one the recipe author was using.