🔕 🔔

Can you freeze store bought Pesto into ice cubes for use at later dates? Also, can you list lots of uses for Pesto please, Apart from Pasta. I know a few but im sure im missing some, and my pesto always goes mouldy because I dont use it enough !

asked by Kizandtango over 6 years ago

I've heard the Food Network Chefs say to freeze it in 1 tablespoon measurements in an ice cube tray well wrapped with plastic wrap and foil. Once frozen, pop them out into a plastic container or freezer bag and use as needed.

You can use pesto in place of similar herbs called for in other sauce recipes. You can use it as a condiment in/on appetizers, drizzled on pizza, or garlic bread. You can drizzle in on tomato or other savory soups where it might pair well. .

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

One of my favorite things to do with pesto is to mix it with ricotta cheese, spread it atop a flattened chicken breast, roll up, do the flour-egg wash-bread crumb thing, and then bake or fry. Wonderful with a marinara sauce!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

kayb....yummmm. that sounds awesome! I have frozen small quantities of pesto before and it works well for me.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes! Definitely freezable. Another idea is to dollop some onto minestrone or vegetable soup. Also great on top of pizza margerita, or a caprese salad (tomato/mozzarella).