🔕 🔔

spatchcock roast chicken

I'm popping this in the oven in about an hour and wondering if anyone sees a problem with tossing a few small red potatoes in there to roast with it... there is a bit of room in front and in back of the bird.

asked by littlesister over 5 years ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Speaking only for myself, I see no problem although I would want to give the potatoes a baste with the roasting pan juices.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I would also add some onion. Baste periodically to get a nice crispy skin.

Efe5d92b 285d 45e3 8aee 4a3b1d881d32  dsc 0035

Thanks so much for your quick replies. I went for it with the potatoes and I'm sure it'll be great. Was in the middle of making cupcakes as well so didn't bother with the onion though I think that's a great idea. I'm taking the advice of basting the potatoes along with the chicken. Thanks again!!