spatchcock roast chicken

I'm popping this in the oven in about an hour and wondering if anyone sees a problem with tossing a few small red potatoes in there to roast with it... there is a bit of room in front and in back of the bird.

asked by littlesister almost 6 years ago

Speaking only for myself, I see no problem although I would want to give the potatoes a baste with the roasting pan juices.

bigpan

I would also add some onion. Baste periodically to get a nice crispy skin.

littlesister

Thanks so much for your quick replies. I went for it with the potatoes and I'm sure it'll be great. Was in the middle of making cupcakes as well so didn't bother with the onion though I think that's a great idea. I'm taking the advice of basting the potatoes along with the chicken. Thanks again!!