How long to cook venison tenderloin per lb

We have a Deer tenderloin that we'd like to cook for dinner tomorrow as a roast, and I'm wondering how long I should cook it for per pound. It's 1lb 10oz.

asked by darksideofthespoon about 6 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

For that size, 18-22 minutes for medium rare, 24-30 min for medium.

Brain Health Kitchen

The biggest problem with venison is overcooking it. I would rub the tenderloin with salt and pepper, then sear it on all sides in grapeseed oil in a hot pan. Then put it in the oven at 300º until the internal temperature registers about 100-120º for rare, being careful not to overcook it. While the meat rests, cook up a simple sauce to serve alongside, or warm up a jar of fig conserve. Game loves fruit.

Dea Henrich

I agree that overcooking is a problem. I like low and slow. Brown the roast and then cook in in the slow cooker. I like to put a jar of cherry preserves on top of it as it cooks.