🔕 🔔

Can anyone recommend or suggest the best appliance for making milk steamers/froth etc.? Thanks in advance!

asked by Nicole Swenson almost 5 years ago

I use a stainless steel milk frother--looks like the one in the picture at http://www.kitchenniche....

This is the best style I have found. The ones made of glass are too easy to break and I have never had luck with the electric ones. They succeed in splattering the kitchen, but not in frothing the milk.

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

I have a Nespresso one and I love it. Like this one -- http://www.amazon.com/Nespresso...

Thank you both for your help!

Wholefoods user icon

Ditto on the Nespresso Aeroccino - it's one of the best kitchen appliance investments I've ever made. You'll have hot or cold frothed milk in seconds with a touch of a button.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I have Bodum milk frother and like it very much.

I heat the milk in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small pan. Then I froth with a $2 battery-operated frother that I got at IKEA. A hand blender will work also. In a pinch, a whisk will also froth hot milk too. I use to have a cappucino machine that had a steam nozzle and it was the biggest PITA to use and clean, especially the cleaning part.

LOL, so I'm not the only one in the kitchen who hates cleaning!