🔕 🔔

semolina flour?

Not clear on the difference between semolina flour and other flour -- most importantly, where do I get it?

asked by Tashipluto over 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Semolina is coarsely ground durum wheat flour, typically used for pasta. Although it does have other uses, it is not good for baking. My grocery store carries it. You could also try natural food stores.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I get it from King Arthur flours. They have just about any type of flour you can imagine. Their website is bakerscatalog.com

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I usually buy it in Whole Foods. Any reasonably equipped grocery should have it. I like to use it for fried foods such as pancakes or tortillitas -- it usually produces much crispier final product than when using general purpose flour.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

I have a package almost right in front of me from Bob's Red Mill in Oregon. Popular brand in health food (hah!) stores. I like use it for really authentic Roman dishes, such as gnocchi alla romana.