🔕 🔔

Semolina = same thing as semolina flour?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Yes, (although technically it should be semolino) ground flour from hard durham type wheat.

5242e966 33b2 40fd be9b 92606991300f  sara clevering

Isn't semolina cream of wheat? I have wondered about this too because I've seen recipes for semolina cake, and they have you cook "the grains" first before adding it to the rest of the batter--and I couldn't imagine doing that with semolina flour. I've never actually chased down the answer and whether I was supposing right so this is a good question.

Wholefoods user icon

hmmm, i wonder about the cream of wheat... Cream of wheat is also called farina. maybe more of a farro base? but for pasta and pizza dough the semilino is my pick-o.

Chef Michael, "farina" is simply the Italian word for "flour" which can describe any type of flour. Farro would be spelt or emmer---triticum whatever in Latin...

Yes