🔕 🔔

I'm wondering how can I cook slab bacon for a carving station ? I never done it before :(. Time Nd temp

asked by Hani about 5 years ago

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

You can either braise it or slow cook in indirect heat on a grill as you would ribs. 99% of the slabs sold today were pumped with water, salt, sugar and probably sodium phosphate, sodium nitrite and a host of other ingredients. They also reached an internal temperature of about 132, though bacon is sold as raw, hence the safe handling instructions on the package. If I knew the origin of the slab (manufacturer) I may be able to give better ideas on cooking . . . knowing as much tells me a lot about the slab.