I'm wondering how can I cook slab bacon for a carving station ? I never done it before :(. Time Nd temp

asked by Hani over 5 years ago

usuba dashi

You can either braise it or slow cook in indirect heat on a grill as you would ribs. 99% of the slabs sold today were pumped with water, salt, sugar and probably sodium phosphate, sodium nitrite and a host of other ingredients. They also reached an internal temperature of about 132, though bacon is sold as raw, hence the safe handling instructions on the package. If I knew the origin of the slab (manufacturer) I may be able to give better ideas on cooking . . . knowing as much tells me a lot about the slab.