making ahead gougeres

is it better with all whole eggs or some whites? can you bake ahead, freeze and reheat?

asked by shahira over 5 years ago

Omeletta
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

You can absolutely make ahead, bake and freeze and then reheat when you need them. I love hot gougeres in the morning, and keeping in the freezer makes it easier. As far as the egg question, i think something like this, with a good cheese, is better with whole eggs.

cookbookchick

Google Russ Parsons gougeres. LA Times article from December 23, 2010 all about making and freezing gougeres.

ceeteebee

I agree with the post above. Dorie Greenspan (in her recipe for gougeres in "Around My French Table") says you can freeze them after forming, but before baking. I've done it and it works excellently.