🔕 🔔

My fresh-frozen brussels sprouts are a bit brown inside - is it okay to still use them?

47505b35 ed21 4ed8 bc8c 727605e1833f  2012 11 26 18 42 37 13 1

I froze some fresh brussels sprouts a month or so ago. Now, I'd like to roast them with some other veggies but when I cut into them, they all have a slight brownish color on the inside. Are they still good to use?

asked by emilyv over 4 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

they don't look too terrible. I'd go for it. I think Brussels sprouts need to be blanched, though, before freezing.

Thanks, mrslarkin. Since the general consensus (of 2, but still...) is pro-roast, I'm going to go for it - I have always been a bit of an adventurer :) I didn't know about the blanching - so thanks for that tip as well.