I plan on dry bringing my TG turkey.Will it be sucessful if the turkey is still parially frozen?

asked by eastender almost 8 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

It would be better if the turkey was completely defrosted first.

usuba dashi

No, you must allow the turkey to be fully defrosted. The salt can slow down the defrosting and not allow complete migration of the salt. It has been a rule of thumb in the dry curing business that you must allow one week per inch of the thinkness of meat to get salt into the center of the meat. Brining is quicker.