🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Aztec Caramels

D330c1b3 3ada 49a8 abcc 085a969ddc95  aztec caramels

I have a question about the recipe "Aztec Caramels" from hardlikearmour. Any cooks in NYC know where I can easily find these types of cinnamon? Bonus if it's in Brooklyn :)

asked by UhOhSarah almost 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Can't help you with Brooklyn, but will say the typical cinnamon sticks you find will be cassia. The Ceylon is true cinnamon, but not as common. It's sticks are paler and flakier than the cassia. If you can't find it just use the cassia, and it will be fine!

Kalyustan's in Manhattan, 123 Lexington Ave at 29th Street. As a New York City foodie this store must be in your repertoire, it is world famous for middle eastern, southeast asian and indian foods, spices, condiments, dried fruits, rice, nuts. They have every type of cinnamon available worldwide- they have probably 50 types of rice alone! I travel internationally for my business, and this store is world class in its range, quality and uniqueness. Go around lunch time and enjoy their upstairs cafe of Mediterrean salads. Run don't walk!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I don't know if they have it but you should call Sahadi's in Brooklyn, they have a huge assortment of spices.