A question about a recipe: Aztec Caramels

I have a question about the recipe "Aztec Caramels" from hardlikearmour. Any cooks in NYC know where I can easily find these types of cinnamon? Bonus if it's in Brooklyn :)

D330c1b3 3ada 49a8 abcc 085a969ddc95  aztec caramels
Recipe question for: Aztec Caramels

hardlikearmour December 7, 2012

Can't help you with Brooklyn, but will say the typical cinnamon sticks you find will be cassia. The Ceylon is true cinnamon, but not as common. It's sticks are paler and flakier than the cassia. If you can't find it just use the cassia, and it will be fine!

ChezHenry
ChezHenry December 7, 2012

Kalyustan's in Manhattan, 123 Lexington Ave at 29th Street. As a New York City foodie this store must be in your repertoire, it is world famous for middle eastern, southeast asian and indian foods, spices, condiments, dried fruits, rice, nuts. They have every type of cinnamon available worldwide- they have probably 50 types of rice alone! I travel internationally for my business, and this store is world class in its range, quality and uniqueness. Go around lunch time and enjoy their upstairs cafe of Mediterrean salads. Run don't walk!

sdebrango December 7, 2012

I don't know if they have it but you should call Sahadi's in Brooklyn, they have a huge assortment of spices.