A question about a recipe: Clementine Pound Cake

I have a question about the recipe "Clementine Pound Cake" from SavvyJulie. Is it possible to allow this cake to cool completely IN the pan? I ask because I plan on making two as gifts, along with a nice baking dish. I'd like to leave it in the pan for gift presentation.

802a0ab6 d629 4d7a a3c4 6f1a9ec4791b  ss020811f 399
Recipe question for: Clementine Pound Cake

sdebrango December 17, 2012

I would take it out of the pan to cool, clean the baking pan and once its cooled put the cake back in (loaves are so easy to handle) for presentation purposes. That's what I would do, maybe the experts can weigh in on whether it's feasible to let cool in the pan.

AntoniaJames December 17, 2012

I concur with sdebrango. To make it easier and to minimize damage to the top, line the pan with parchment to make a lengthwise sling, leaving 2-3" overhang on both sides. Very gently lift it from the pan using the sling and then (slowly, carefully), peel back the paper as you gently put the loaf on a wire rack. ;o)