Every game day snack (!) on one giant sandwich. See for yourself »
🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

I cannot turn the gas down very low on my burners without it popping off. What heat diffusers/flame tamers do you recommend?

asked by foodluver about 4 years ago
3 answers 2343 views
C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image
added about 4 years ago

I like the 7-Inch Cast Iron Heat Diffuser by Ilsa. I bought mine almost ten years ago and use it regularly.

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar
added about 4 years ago

Really you can use a very inexpensive model and it will serve you well. I bought mine at the 99 cent store and it works great. Just remember to keep the wooden handle away from the flame!

B9464ce6 76f7 41db a563 e5ad504521bf  2016 04 05 23 37 37
added about 4 years ago

If I need to diffuse a flame I often just move the pan to one side(offset it) letting the flame just barely touch the pot. No diffuser necessary. Just make sure the pot isn't in a wobbly position and that it sits solidly on the burner.