Use for cranberry sauce?

Any ideas? (Beyond sandwiches)

Omeletta
Omeletta December 30, 2012

I love a good and tangy cranberry sauce on my cream cheese and bagels in the morning. Or you can bake thumbprint cookies and use the sauce in place of jam.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Its a little unorthodox, but thin it down with some juice of some sort (apple or orange), sweeten to taste with sugar (if needed) and add a little heat (Chopped Dried Peppers). Apply heat from your stove (at a low temperature). Slather that jammy sucker on some pork and presto! Play around with the recipe some to make it a thicker sauce like consistency.

Monita December 30, 2012

Mix it in with Greek yogurt or serve over ice cream

SusanR
SusanR December 30, 2012

I make fabulous muffins. I use the recipe for Raspberry-Rhubarb Muffins from Flour just minus the fruit. I half fill the muffin tins with batter, add a generous teaspoon of cranberry sauce, top with more batter, and bake! These have gotten rave reviews for two years. Next time I may add orange zest to the batter. I wonder if it would also wor with a coffee cake?

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen December 30, 2012

Here's one I did last year as part of brunch:
http://food52.com/recipes...

Butternut
Butternut December 30, 2012

Strain the berries out; add the syrup that's left to champagne flutes and top with champagne for a New Year's cocktail. Garnish each glass with the strained out cranberries threaded on a toothpick.