🔕 🔔

Use for cranberry sauce?

Any ideas? (Beyond sandwiches)

asked by withinseason almost 5 years ago

A4193e84 5c13 421d aeb9 f589dd2a81c0  ruthyk sm
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I love a good and tangy cranberry sauce on my cream cheese and bagels in the morning. Or you can bake thumbprint cookies and use the sauce in place of jam.

Wholefoods user icon

Its a little unorthodox, but thin it down with some juice of some sort (apple or orange), sweeten to taste with sugar (if needed) and add a little heat (Chopped Dried Peppers). Apply heat from your stove (at a low temperature). Slather that jammy sucker on some pork and presto! Play around with the recipe some to make it a thicker sauce like consistency.

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Mix it in with Greek yogurt or serve over ice cream

I make fabulous muffins. I use the recipe for Raspberry-Rhubarb Muffins from Flour just minus the fruit. I half fill the muffin tins with batter, add a generous teaspoon of cranberry sauce, top with more batter, and bake! These have gotten rave reviews for two years. Next time I may add orange zest to the batter. I wonder if it would also wor with a coffee cake?

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Here's one I did last year as part of brunch:
http://food52.com/recipes...

99988d06 447b 42cb 882b b91e16b76a4a  hp scands 842919525854

Strain the berries out; add the syrup that's left to champagne flutes and top with champagne for a New Year's cocktail. Garnish each glass with the strained out cranberries threaded on a toothpick.