Need idea for dinner : ital sausage & leftover polenta

Have pesto, onions

asked by piano13 almost 6 years ago

If the polenta is pretty solid, cut it into squares and fry it up in a pan. Saute onions, add sliced sausage, serve over crisp polenta. buon appetito!

arcane54

Mrs. Larkin has a great idea!
Here's another possibility: layer polenta pieces, sausage, a wee bit of pesto (too much could overpower) OR some marinara, mozzarella, a sprinkle of parmesan, bake until bubbly and top is browned.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Or...braise the sausage with onions (and some peppers if you have them) in red wine, serve over the polenta and top with a bit of pecorino (or parm) and Italian parsley. Use the pesto as a simple bruschetta topping and serve on the side.

piano13

Thank you all! All of these are really helpful. Polenta was quite soft, so we had eggs, and some polenta mixed with sausage, sorta a subst. for a blop of sausage gravy. Next time, I'll try one of these.