🔕 🔔

Gluten-Free version of chocolate-dunked pistachio shortbread

To make a gluten-free version of the chocolate-dunked pistachio shortbread http://food52.com/recipes...), which do you think would be better (a) substitute almond flour for regular flour or (b) substitute all-purpose GF baking flour for regular flour? Thanks!

asked by jimmyray over 4 years ago

8a2c197a eaf6 414d 8be8 e1212df9ad42  nasturtiums

You could try this: http://glutenfreegirl.com... although you could probably try the recipe with AP GF flour with good results. Later on in the post I linked to, Shauna refers to a Meyer Lemon shortbread recipe and says that you could sub out an AP GF flour mix plus some guar and xanthan gum. Hope poking around through her post helps you! I'm only a novice GF baker.

By the way, I think you should post pictures of your results!

I made a few variations to the flour component to make them GF and the cookies taste fantastic, but they flattened out like pancakes. For the 1 cup flour called for I used 1/2 cup all-purpose GF flour, 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch (and 1/4 teaspoon of xantham gum). Next time I'll try just a straight substitute of 1 cup AP gf-flour and see what happens and then go from there. Am very happy with the results, just the shape differs.