Can I substitute all purpose flour for pastry flour? It's for Banana Nut Bread (recipe calls for whole wheat pastry flour)

AntoniaJames February 24, 2013
Do you have the nutrition data for the all-purpose flour, stating the weight in grams per cup? They actually are very close. Bob's Red Mill pastry flour, which I suspect is as close to "standard" as any, has 120 grams per cup. Pillsbury All-Purpose has 125 grams per cup. If you can weigh your ingredients, then adjust accordingly. (I don't know what amount is called for, so I can't do the math precisely.) If you are measuring by volume, reduce the all-purpose flour by two teaspoons per cup of whole wheat pastry flour called for. And if you are using an A-P flour with a density other than 125 g / cup, then please let me know and I'll walk you the calculation. ;o)

Monita February 24, 2013
It's not one-for one but it can be substituted, Here's a link to help with conversions
http://www.joyofbaking.com/flour.html