🔕 🔔

I just found a recipe for Ginger Cake. It calls for 1/4 C. of unsulfered mild molasses. I have unsulfered full flavored molasses. Is there any reason why I couldn't just substitute what I have? Would it just be more intense? Thanks!

asked by bella s.f. almost 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Substitute away! It should be fine. I make bran muffins that called for mild molasses. I just use whatever I can find, and I can't really tell a difference.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

It will work, but the molasses flavor will be stronger. If you are afraid the molasses flavor will be too strong you could use a mix of molasses and honey.