I just found a recipe for Ginger Cake. It calls for 1/4 C. of unsulfered mild molasses. I have unsulfered full flavored molasses. Is there any reason why I couldn't just substitute what I have? Would it just be more intense? Thanks!

asked by bella s.f. about 8 years ago

Substitute away! It should be fine. I make bran muffins that called for mild molasses. I just use whatever I can find, and I can't really tell a difference.

It will work, but the molasses flavor will be stronger. If you are afraid the molasses flavor will be too strong you could use a mix of molasses and honey.