🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brussels Sprout and Chorizo Beer Hash

0e8cb900 ab9c 4441 9355 a92e34215509  food52 01 08 13 1447

I have a question about the recipe "Brussels Sprout and Chorizo Beer Hash" from Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast. Just to confirm, 3 links of chorizo refer to about 1.5 pound, correct?

asked by Spicy Thai over 4 years ago

Ea614c4c 65a0 4dd8 be64 476376d8cf8d  will

You can ask the Author of this recipe directly (Brussel Sprouts for Breakfast) if you are trying to be very exact.
I think however, that you should use what feels right to you. 1.5 pounds of fresh chorizo will cook down a considerable amount, so it's not unreasonable to assume that is correct!
Hope this helps.

Sorry... I thought I was asking the author of the recipe. But thank you for your reply. It confirms my understanding of it!

A chorizo link in my area (DC) is closer to 4 ounces. A pound and a half sounds like a lot, but left oers are always fine.

5b7755f4 f84e 4738 be55 06b56e9c2553  dsc 0008 002
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

DC must be very consistent :) because I was just going to write in and say that sausage links at area Whole Foods here are 3-4 oz each. Maedl, I didn't know you were here too!

It really depends on the size and length of the chorizo. I have a one pound package of Chorizo Bilbao which contains six links. Imported from L'Espanola in Harbor City, CA. 1 1/2 pounds does indeed sound like a lot.