🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage and Walnuts

F23837fa 70c4 435b a14b aafa5beda9b7  gnocchi fork

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage and Walnuts" from WeLikeToCook. How far ahead can I make the gnocchi? Also, will it get tough if I overmix?

asked by AnnaVanLenten about 5 years ago

yes it will get tough... You can make gnocchi ahead and freeze it and take it out wihen you want to cook it.

Thank you--so--any cook's tips for what is the max amount of time to mix the sweet potato with flour and egg and not have it get tough? Or any cook's tips about what to look for in consistency so that it stays tender?

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Heidi Swanson at 101Cookbooks has a good post that walks you through making gnocchi: http://www.101cookbooks... (It's not a sweet potato version, but you still might find a helpful tip or two.)