A question about a recipe: Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich

255b1aba df4f 45d1 a346 4d83548a9298  2018 0803 pan bagnat 3x2 julia gartland 176

I have a question about the recipe "Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich" from Waverly. Hi there! Do you think that this sandwich could be stored in a glass lock-top container, rather than in plastic wrap?

asked by annarose over 5 years ago

I'm sure it could but if you don't have or don't want to use plastic you could use parchment or wax paper.

This is not my own version of bagnat, which I make frequently. But, I don't think glass works here. The "bagnat" part means "bathed". It's supposed to be wet. Nothing works better than cling wrap to hold the wet parts in.

girlwithaknife

Agreed w/ Pierino. Pan Bagnat is supposed to be squished while stored, to marinade the flavors. Glass container won't do that. Enjoy!