A question about a recipe: Mile-High Alpine Quiche

546ec9ed 81f3 470a 8daf 875a489d6cca  quiche

I have a question about the recipe "Mile-High Alpine Quiche" from loubaby. It sounds like I'm supposed to bake the pastry shell BEFORE filling it with the quiche ingredients and therefore, baking it twice. Is that right?

asked by Pat about 5 years ago

yes. (sounds yummy) If it starts to get too dark during the second baking, you can cover the edges with foil.

CatalunaLilith

Yes, it's called par baking, and it helps the bottom of the crust stay crispy and not soggy. Just keep an eye on the edges of the crust during the second baking to make sure they don't burn, if they get too dark you can wrap them in foil