🔕 🔔

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Take a look at Fish Without a Doubt by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore.

I was just about to say "Fish Without a Doubt!" Rick Moonen is one of the best seafood cooks and teachers in US. And for this book, he moved into a New York apartment and cooked like a home cook, so the slant is totally from the home cook's perspective. This takes nothing away from his fabulous restaurant in Vegas, but that he understood to be really valuable it needed to be for "the rest of us."

Not exactly cook books but for someone moving to Boston I highly recommend two books by Mark Kurlansky, a writer I greatly admire: "Cod: The Biography of a Fish that Changed the World" which does include many recipes, and also "Fish Tail" which is about Gloucester.

I recommend 'the young man and the sea' Recipes and Crispy Fish Tales from Esca
By David Pasternack & Ed Levine. Forwarded by Mario Batali

A0506599 a03d 4fc3 b2c1 bd2c0d9fa56e  bs farmer s table
Barton Seaver

Barton Seaver is a chef and author of Where There’s Smoke. He is a Fellow with National Geographic Society and the New England Aquarium.

I wrote my first cookbook, For Cod and Country, to be accessible for new and old seafood cooks alike! In the opening, "A Cook's Quick Guide to Fish" you'll find detailed descriptions of species, how to shop for seafood, and some of my favorite pantry staples-- all are great resources for a seafood novice.

C18f7008 5c17 4599 9539 12af81fc5eb2  fcac cover