Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Pasta with a Lemony-Cream, Spinach, and Pea Sauce

D9841924 c2e8 465c b5dd d9bb09856650  img 7684

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Pasta with a Lemony-Cream, Spinach, and Pea Sauce" from MaggieRosenthal. how much cornstarch? is it necessary or can i just add more cheese?

asked by igor over 3 years ago
Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

For anyone else who might have been wondering, here is MaggieRosenthal's response from the recipe comments -- "Hi Igor, thanks for catching the left out ingredient! I'd say about a tablespoon of cornstarch, maybe less -- it's to help the cream sauce thicken up a bit, so you can put half a tablespoon in, whisk, see if you like the consistency, and add more if you want it to be thicker. It's not necessary to have cornstarch if you don't want it because it's not there for any flavor benefits, it's more about preference in terms of the sauce's thickness."

I can't imagine putting cornstarch into a pasta sauce, so I'd just leave it out. I probably wouldn't add more cheese, but I would serve additional cheese at the table so anyone who wants more can add it to their taste.