🔕 🔔

Non-alcoholic substitute for bourbon

I make a peach cake to which I add a slug of bourbon and top with a bourbon glaze. I need to make this for someone who can't have alcohol, but I'm drawing a blank as to what to use instead. I'm afraid that almond extract in the glaze might be overly almond-extracty. Ideas?

asked by vvvanessa over 4 years ago

I would substitute a caramel glaze for the bourbon glaze and use a non-alcoholic-based vanilla extract for the cake itself. Since you are making this for a person who cannot have alcohol, be careful using extracts as flavorings are often extracted with alcohol (ethyl alcohol or ethanol, it's the same thing).

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

Caramel! Duh! That would work really well. Thanks, HalfPint!

Would love to have the recipe for this peach cake and bourbon glaze :)

I've been meaning to type it up for someone else, so I'll be sure to message it to you when I get it done!