A recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast halves calls for baking 1 hour at 350. If I use thin-sliced breasts, should I shorten the time?

There is a sauce of cranberry sauce and Catalina dressing on it, in case that makes a difference.

asked by Mindy almost 2 years ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

In my opinion you have to watch boneless, skinless chicken breasts like a hawk....you should definitely shorten the baking time, but an accurate time on when they will be done is impossible to determine. Do you have time to give them a quick brine?

Uncle Jess

That sounds like a crazy long time! But lately the boneless skinless chicken breasts at my grocery store have been gargantuan. The only reliable thing to do is to get an instant read thermometer and check the internal temperature of the chicken. Never more than 165 and many cook it a bit cooler. Otherwise you will get boneless skinless rubber.